“Judging a poem is really difficult because all poems are living, breathing things. We don’t just have to read them or interpret them, we have to connect with them. I believe that a good poem in essence should captivate the reader in heart and mind.”
Panel Member – Kannada Category : Shri. Siddharth Wadennavar, Bengaluru, India
Shri. Siddharth Wadennavar is a passionate author with interest in many social initiatives. He is a unique combination of a successful corporate leader and an author. His challenging childhood did not stop him from completing M.Com and securing 2nd rank to Karnatak University. His inspiration for writing comes from his experience as a daily wager harvesting sugarcane to becoming a Managing Director of a well known group of sugar factories. He strongly believes in leading by example. He has delivered many inspirational talks in many institutions and likes connecting with the youth. His corporate responsibility does not stop him from his passion for writing.
- People’s Chanakya – an inspiration for young leaders of tomorrow.
- “Where is Truth” (Sathya Ellide…? – Collection of my Articles) – On Religion, God, Meditation, Spirituality and Politics.
- Karnataka Politics – an analytical study of the 224 constituencies of Karnataka State.
- He has written over 50 articles and research papers on socio-economical, spiritual and political issues and current trends published in leading print and social media.
- He actively writes on social challenges faced by common people and values for life.
AWARDS & RECOGNISITION
- Samajseva Ratna Award – MNR Foundation
- Felicitated at 13th Kannada Sahitya Sammelana,Gokak.
- Best Managing Director (CEO) Private Sugar Mill Award – Karnataka
Panel Member – Marathi Category : Dattaprasad Jog, Goa, India
1. Andaz- Marathi poetry collection
2. Natyamadhura (First of its kind natyageet collection book written by a poet)
3. Nivadung – Marathi Gazals collections
4. Exact translation of Marathi Geet Ramayan into Hindi published by Govt. of India.
1. Rashtriy Sahitya Bhushan Award, 2020
2. Padmashree B. H. Borkar smruti Puraskar by Hindu Association Mumbai.
3. Yashwant Rajyastariy Puraskar by Prabhat Prakashan, Goa
4. Kavivarya Anil Sathe Puraskar by Kavya rasik Mandal, Dombivali, Maharashtra (for Nivadung)
5. Late. Suresh Bhat Gazaldeep Puraskar by Gazaldeep Pratishthan, Murtijapur, Akola, Maharashtra.
1. Participated and nnchored many poetry festivals, Mushayras and Musical programmes
2. Participated and conducted Marathi Gazal Workshops
3. Participated and conducted workshops on usage of Marathi chand-vrutta
4. Many lectures on Chanakya neeti and Geet Ramayan.
Panel Member – Hindi Category : Mythili Ramesh, Pune, India
Mythili Ramesh is a passionate writer, who believes in simplicity of thought, work and life. She carries forward the legacy of literature, from her father who was in the Military Engineering Services, but had a flair for writing and acting.
Mythili studied in various cities, being a defence officer’s daughter and earned her Bachelor’s degree in English literature.
She began her literary journey in 2016. Although she started with poetry, small articles, quotes short stories etc. as a hobby or a creative pastime, her literary collection today stands at more than 75 poems, 20 plus English poetry, articles on a whole range of topics.
Her published works include two books of short stories, available on Amazon, viz., 1) The Missing Girl and 2) A Life Within. A collection of her Hindi poetry is due to be published in the week of April and she is currently writing a psychological thriller. An e-book, for which she has contributed her essays and stories, is also due for publication in the month of April.
Mythili is a freelance writer/ correspondent / Interviewer associated with India’s leading Art Newspaper, Art Affairs, Belagavi.
Mythili carries a vision to motivate, encourage people through her writing and spread positivity and happiness. Her secret she says, is to stay learning it for life. Her message to young writers is – Write . . . Your words matter!!
Panel Member – English Category : Shloka Shankar, Bengaluru, India
Shloka Shankar is a poet, editor, publisher, and self-taught visual artist from Bangalore, India. She enjoys experimenting with Japanese short-forms and myriad found poetry techniques alike. A Best of the Net nominee and award-winning haiku poet, her poems and artwork have appeared in over 200 online and print venues of repute. Shloka is the founding editor of the literary & arts journal Sonic Boom and its imprint Yavanika Press. When she isn’t poring over manuscripts, you can find her making abstract art, digital collages, or conducting poetry workshops. Website: www.shlokashankar.com